Galileo RIA Toolkit Release 1.0 Beta is now available

Discussion in 'Java' started by Galileo Support, Oct 21, 2008.

  1. Java Developers,

    Galileo RIA Toolkit Release 1.0 Beta is now available @
    www.galileo-riaf.com

    What is Galileo?

    Galileo was created for software engineers looking for a Rich Internet
    Application development alternative to JavaScript-based frameworks, Adobe
    Flex, Microsoft Silverlight, Swing, XML-based languages, and server-side
    generated user interfaces. Galileo was designed to provide developers with a
    fast, easy, and flexible means of developing highly interactive and dynamic,
    browser-based Internet applications using a popular object-oriented
    programming language. Galileo allows developers to create internet
    applications that have the unfettered appearance of traditional websites,
    but the rich user interface features of desktop applications by
    incorporating the best features of HTML, CSS, and AJAX into a framework
    built with a leading-edge object-oriented programming language - Java.
    Galileo applications are client-based (require no server-side components)
    Java applications that run within a single HTML web page and are accessed
    and loaded in the same manner as a traditional web page. They provide all
    the features of a standard HTML-based web page plus a host of additional
    features that include asynchronous data transfer, advanced UI controls,
    application skinning, drag and drop, animation, custom graphics and advanced
    XML processing.

    For end-users Galileo applications provide a much richer and more efficient
    web experience. For developers they offer the opportunity to employ more
    traditional software programming practices particularly object-oriented
    programming by replacing the maelstrom of technologies currently needed to
    develop Rich Internet Applications with a single, object-oriented technology
    that is used like a traditional programming framework. By providing a
    flexible and easy-to-use API and a comprehensive control library that
    includes controls that are common to desktop and rich internet applications,
    Galileo allows developers to focus on what they want their application to do
    without wasting valuable time figuring out how they are going to do it.

    Thanks,

    Galileo Development Team
    Galileo Support, Oct 21, 2008

  2. Galileo Support schrieb:
    > Java Developers,
    >
    > Galileo RIA Toolkit Release 1.0 Beta is now available @
    > www.galileo-riaf.com

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    Nothing shows up here, not very promising.

    Stefan Rybacki, Oct 21, 2008

    Hendrik Maryns, Oct 21, 2008
  4. Thanks. Would you mind telling me what OS and browser you're using.

    Galileo Support, Oct 21, 2008
  5. Galileo Support schrieb:
    > Thanks. Would you mind telling me what OS and browser you're using.

    Opera Browser
    Version
    9.52
    Build
    10108
    Platform
    Win32
    Operating System
    Windows XP
    Java
    Sun Java Runtime Environment version 1.6
    Stefan Rybacki, Oct 21, 2008
  6. Thanks. The issue has been resolved. As a note, the current version of
    Galileo is not working 100% with Opera. This problem has been identified and
    will be resolved in a later build. IE works fine and Firefox and Chrome
    work fine if you have JRE 1.6.10 installed.

    Galileo Support, Oct 21, 2008
  7. You're Java developers. We're Java developers. We have a product that we
    hope will benefit the Java community. It's free. If there is a more
    appropriate forum for sharing this information, please let me know.

    Galileo Support, Oct 21, 2008
  8. "Lew" <> wrote in message
    > Galileo Support wrote:
    >> You're Java developers. We're Java developers. We have a product that
    >> we hope will benefit the Java community. It's free. If there is a more
    >> appropriate forum for sharing this information, please let me know.

    > Please do not top-post.
    >
    > comp.lang.java.announce
    >
    > Of course.
    >
    > --
    > Lew

    Thanks. I will post there.
    Galileo Support, Oct 21, 2008
  9. Galileo Support

    Guest

    On 21 Oct, 13:47, "Galileo Support" <> wrote:
    > Thanks. The issue has been resolved.  As a note, the current version of
    > Galileo is not working 100% with Opera. This problem has been identified and
    > will be resolved in a later build.  IE works fine and Firefox and Chrome
    > work fine if you have JRE 1.6.10 installed.

    Er, not quite. When using Firefox with NoScript I find that the site
    presents a completely blank page. Javascript MUST be enabled. There is
    no graceful degradation. This does not bode well for a toolkik that is
    supposed to help the developer create web pages. My guess is that the
    pages created will depend on javascript in the same way. Consider
    gmail as an example of an interface where they got it right. It works
    best (i.e. quick and slick) when javascript is enabled, but it still
    works, albeit in a degraded way, when javascript is disabled.

    > "Stefan Rybacki" <> wrote in message

    > > Galileo Support schrieb:
    > >> Thanks.  Would you mind telling me what OS and browser you're using.

    I really don't understand why this should matter. I know that
    javascript works/behaves subtly differently across browsers and
    platforms but surely the whole point of using a toolkit instead of
    direct javascript programming is to shield you from that.

    -Andrew Marlow
    , Oct 22, 2008