    full sized picture. Nothing out of the ordinary.

    Thanks in advance.

    ...D.
    ...D., Jan 19, 2005

  2. ...D.

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 02:22:45 -0800, ...D. <d@no_usenet_email..org> wrote:

    : Anyone know of any decent & freeware gallery templates or software? I'd
    : like to display thumbnails of course, and clicking on a thumbnail gets the
    : full sized picture. Nothing out of the ordinary.

    There is a great freeware pgm listed at bottom of my Downloads page:
    www.elsid.co.za

    Luck,

    Sid
    Sid Ismail, Jan 19, 2005

  3. ...D.

    JDS Guest

    On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 02:22:45 -0800, wrote:

    > Anyone know of any decent & freeware gallery templates or software? I'd
    > like to display thumbnails of course, and clicking on a thumbnail gets the
    > full sized picture. Nothing out of the ordinary.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > ...D.

    Jalbum
    http://jalbum.org (com? net? not sure)

    or

    Gallery
    http://gallery.menalto.com

    --
    JDS |
    JDS, Jan 19, 2005
  4. ...D.

    Richard Guest

    On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:18:16 -0500 JDS wrote:

    > On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 02:22:45 -0800, wrote:

    >> Anyone know of any decent & freeware gallery templates or software?
    >> I'd
    >> like to display thumbnails of course, and clicking on a thumbnail gets
    >> the
    >> full sized picture. Nothing out of the ordinary.

    >> Thanks in advance.

    >> ...D.

    > Jalbum
    > http://jalbum.org (com? net? not sure)

    Uses standard links within frames.
    Which means a lot of file uploading for a large gallery.

    > or

    > Gallery
    > http://gallery.menalto.com

    The remote version will probably work better for a large gallery.

    Richard, Jan 19, 2005
  5. In article <>, Anonymous@127.001 says...
    > On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:18:16 -0500 JDS wrote:
    >
    > > On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 02:22:45 -0800, wrote:

    > >> Anyone know of any decent & freeware gallery templates or software?
    > >> I'd
    > >> like to display thumbnails of course, and clicking on a thumbnail gets
    > >> the
    > >> full sized picture. Nothing out of the ordinary.

    > >> Thanks in advance.

    > >> ...D.

    > > Jalbum
    > > http://jalbum.org (com? net? not sure)

    > Uses standard links within frames.
    > Which means a lot of file uploading for a large gallery.

    What? Any gallery software requires "a lot of file uploading for a
    large gallery", RtS. How else do the images get online?

    --
    Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
    I do not eat quiche.
    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 19, 2005
  6. ...D.

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Hywel Jenkins wrote:

    > How else do the images get online?

    Osmosis?

    You could have a server-side script generate its own images based on
    random numbers.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby Inkster, Jan 19, 2005
  7. ...D.

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Hywel Jenkins scribbled in the mud:

    > What? Any gallery software requires "a lot of file uploading for a
    > large gallery", RtS. How else do the images get online?

    Hotlinking

    --
    D?
    http://wipkip.biz just to raise my PR
    Duende, Jan 19, 2005
  8. In article <>,
    says...
    > Hywel Jenkins wrote:
    >
    > > How else do the images get online?

    > Osmosis?
    >
    > You could have a server-side script generate its own images based on
    > random numbers.

    Nice. Would that count as art?

    --
    Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
    I do not eat quiche.
    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 19, 2005
  9. ...D.

    mbstevens Guest

    Hywel Jenkins wrote:

    >> You could have a server-side script generate its own images based on
    >> random numbers.

    > Nice. Would that count as art?

    Ever since Duchamp displayed a urinal in a show (about 1917)
    and other 'ready-mades', anything that's being *used* as art *becomes* art.

    Not always good art, of course.
    mbstevens, Jan 19, 2005
  10. While the city slept, Hywel Jenkins () feverishly
    typed...

    > In article <>, Anonymous@127.001 says...
    >> Uses standard links within frames.
    >> Which means a lot of file uploading for a large gallery.

    > What? Any gallery software requires "a lot of file uploading for a
    > large gallery", RtS. How else do the images get online?

    Theft??? ;-)

    Cheers,
    Nige

    --
    Nigel Moss
    http://www.nigenet.org.uk
    nice.guy.nige, Jan 19, 2005
  11. ...D.

    Richard Guest

    On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:59:50 -0000 Hywel Jenkins wrote:

    > In article <>, Anonymous@127.001 says...

    >> gets

    >> > Jalbum
    >> > http://jalbum.org (com? net? not sure)

    >> Uses standard links within frames.
    >> Which means a lot of file uploading for a large gallery.

    > What? Any gallery software requires "a lot of file uploading for a
    > large gallery", RtS. How else do the images get online?

    As you know damn good and well, asshole major, in order to show each image
    in a gallery using frames, one image requires two files.
    Extra needless work.
    Richard, Jan 20, 2005
  12. ...D.

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Richard scribbled in the mud:

    >>> Uses standard links within frames.
    >>> Which means a lot of file uploading for a large gallery.

    >> What? Any gallery software requires "a lot of file uploading for a
    >> large gallery", RtS. How else do the images get online?

    > As you know damn good and well, asshole major, in order to show each image
    > in a gallery using frames, one image requires two files.
    > Extra needless work.

    I see yours ic progresing well.
    http://www.geocities.com/r_bullis/

    Duende, Jan 20, 2005
  13. In article <>, Anonymous@127.001 says...
    > On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:59:50 -0000 Hywel Jenkins wrote:

    > >> gets

    > >> Uses standard links within frames.
    > >> Which means a lot of file uploading for a large gallery.

    > > What? Any gallery software requires "a lot of file uploading for a
    > > large gallery", RtS. How else do the images get online?

    > As you know damn good and well, asshole major,

    An insult, from Richard the Stupid. Aww, now you've hurt my feelings.

    > in order to show each image
    > in a gallery using frames, one image requires two files.
    > Extra needless work.

    So your way is better - uploading every thumbnail in to a layered
    document? Smart, really smart. How large is that one HTML document to
    hold the image? Correct - it's a trivial amount of data when dealing
    with image galleries, isn't it?

    --
    Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
    I do not eat quiche.
    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 20, 2005
  14. In article <Xns95E3ADCC8A17httpwipkipbiz@130.133.1.4>,
    says...
    > While sitting in a puddle Richard scribbled in the mud:

    > >> What? Any gallery software requires "a lot of file uploading for a
    > >> large gallery", RtS. How else do the images get online?

    > > As you know damn good and well, asshole major, in order to show each image
    > > in a gallery using frames, one image requires two files.
    > > Extra needless work.
    > >

    > I see yours ic progresing well.
    > http://www.geocities.com/r_bullis/

    Shame RtS' spelling isn't though.

    --
    Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
    I do not eat quiche.
    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 20, 2005
  15. ...D.

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Hywel Jenkins scribbled in the mud:

    > Shame RtS' spelling isn't though.

    Shame about RtS.

    Duende, Jan 20, 2005
  16. ...D.

    Fat Sam Guest

    "Hywel Jenkins" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>, Anonymous@127.001 says...

    gets

    > > > Jalbum
    > > > http://jalbum.org (com? net? not sure)

    > > Uses standard links within frames.
    > > Which means a lot of file uploading for a large gallery.

    > What? Any gallery software requires "a lot of file uploading for a
    > large gallery", RtS. How else do the images get online?

    Burn them on to CDRom and post it to your host?.......
    Fat Sam, Jan 21, 2005
  17. ...D.

    Fat Sam Guest

    > On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:59:50 -0000 Hywel Jenkins wrote:

    > >> gets

    > >> Uses standard links within frames.
    > >> Which means a lot of file uploading for a large gallery.

    > > What? Any gallery software requires "a lot of file uploading for a
    > > large gallery", RtS. How else do the images get online?

    > As you know damn good and well, asshole major, in order to show each image
    > in a gallery using frames, one image requires two files.

    Why?.....Why does 1 image need two files?.....
    Fat Sam, Jan 21, 2005
  18. ...D.

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "Fat Sam" <> wrote:
    >"Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote:
    >> Hywel Jenkins wrote:
    >>
    >> > What? Any gallery software requires "a lot of file uploading for a
    >> > large gallery", RtS. How else do the images get online?

    >> As you know damn good and well, asshole major, in order to show each image
    >> in a gallery using frames, one image requires two files.

    >Why?.....Why does 1 image need two files?.....

    The thumbnail and the full sized image? Um, no Richard's ground
    breaking, paradigm shifting new gallery system uses two files there as
    well.

    I guess he's trying to refer to the image file and the HTML file that
    contains it. Ignoring the fact that most image galleries use
    dynamically generated HTML files (obviously too advanced a concept for
    his little brain).

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>
    Steve Pugh, Jan 21, 2005
  19. In article <>,
    says...
    > "Fat Sam" <> wrote:

    > >> As you know damn good and well, asshole major, in order to show each image
    > >> in a gallery using frames, one image requires two files.

    > >Why?.....Why does 1 image need two files?.....

    > I guess he's trying to refer to the image file and the HTML file that
    > contains it. Ignoring the fact that most image galleries use
    > dynamically generated HTML files

    Mine also uses dynamically-generated thumbnails. All I do is FTP the
    images to the server and the gallery software does the rest: 9 PHP files
    (5 of which are includes for data connections, metadata and so on), one
    CSS file and a graphic for a logo.

    --
    Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
    I do not eat quiche.
    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 21, 2005
  20. ...D.

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Steve Pugh scribbled in the mud:

    > his little brain).

    ??? where is it.

    Duende, Jan 22, 2005