gallery

...D.

Anyone know of any decent & freeware gallery templates or software? I'd
like to display thumbnails of course, and clicking on a thumbnail gets the
full sized picture. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Thanks in advance.

...D.

Sid Ismail

: Anyone know of any decent & freeware gallery templates or software? I'd
: like to display thumbnails of course, and clicking on a thumbnail gets the
: full sized picture. Nothing out of the ordinary.

There is a great freeware pgm listed at bottom of my Downloads page:
www.elsid.co.za

Luck,

Sid

Hywel Jenkins

Uses standard links within frames.
Which means a lot of file uploading for a large gallery.

What? Any gallery software requires "a lot of file uploading for a
large gallery", RtS. How else do the images get online?

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Hywel Jenkins scribbled in the mud:
What? Any gallery software requires "a lot of file uploading for a
large gallery", RtS. How else do the images get online?

Hotlinking

mbstevens

Hywel said:
Nice. Would that count as art?

Ever since Duchamp displayed a urinal in a show (about 1917)
and other 'ready-mades', anything that's being *used* as art *becomes* art.

Not always good art, of course.

Richard

What? Any gallery software requires "a lot of file uploading for a
large gallery", RtS. How else do the images get online?

As you know damn good and well, asshole major, in order to show each image
in a gallery using frames, one image requires two files.
Extra needless work.

Hywel Jenkins

As you know damn good and well, asshole major,

An insult, from Richard the Stupid. Aww, now you've hurt my feelings.
in order to show each image
in a gallery using frames, one image requires two files.
Extra needless work.

So your way is better - uploading every thumbnail in to a layered
document? Smart, really smart. How large is that one HTML document to
hold the image? Correct - it's a trivial amount of data when dealing
with image galleries, isn't it?

Fat Sam

Hywel Jenkins said:
What? Any gallery software requires "a lot of file uploading for a
large gallery", RtS. How else do the images get online?

Burn them on to CDRom and post it to your host?.......

Fat Sam

Richard said:
As you know damn good and well, asshole major, in order to show each image
in a gallery using frames, one image requires two files.

Why?.....Why does 1 image need two files?.....

Steve Pugh

Fat Sam said:
Why?.....Why does 1 image need two files?.....

The thumbnail and the full sized image? Um, no Richard's ground
breaking, paradigm shifting new gallery system uses two files there as
well.

I guess he's trying to refer to the image file and the HTML file that
contains it. Ignoring the fact that most image galleries use
dynamically generated HTML files (obviously too advanced a concept for
his little brain).

Steve

Hywel Jenkins

I guess he's trying to refer to the image file and the HTML file that
contains it. Ignoring the fact that most image galleries use
dynamically generated HTML files

Mine also uses dynamically-generated thumbnails. All I do is FTP the
images to the server and the gallery software does the rest: 9 PHP files
(5 of which are includes for data connections, metadata and so on), one
CSS file and a graphic for a logo.