    - German documentation

    Any Ideas?

    Max

    Max Kubierschky, Mar 30, 2007

  2. Max Kubierschky a écrit :
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm planning to give a game programming course for kids of mixed age.
    > For this, I am looking for an open source 2D game development kit.
    > I am also willing to participate in the development of the development kit.
    >
    > Features I'd like to see
    > - Possibility to construct simple games via drag and drop without
    > programming
    > - Integration into an IDE
    > - Based on Java or Python
    > Pluses:
    > - Good Tutorial
    > - German documentation

    With Python:
    * pygame + build your drag'n drop features
    * if you like 3D, vpython.

    http://www.pygame.org/
    http://www.vpython.org/

    Laurent Pointal, Mar 30, 2007

  3. Max Kubierschky schrieb:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm planning to give a game programming course for kids of mixed age.
    > For this, I am looking for an open source 2D game development kit.
    > I am also willing to participate in the development of the development kit.
    >
    > Features I'd like to see
    > - Possibility to construct simple games via drag and drop without
    > programming
    > - Integration into an IDE
    > - Based on Java or Python
    > Pluses:
    > - Good Tutorial
    > - German documentation

    Squeak. Smalltalk, but especially targeted at your requirements.

    http://www.squeak.org/

    Diez

    Diez B. Roggisch, Mar 30, 2007
  4. Diez B. Roggisch schrieb:
    > Max Kubierschky schrieb:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I'm planning to give a game programming course for kids of mixed age.
    >> For this, I am looking for an open source 2D game development kit.
    >> I am also willing to participate in the development of the development
    >> kit.
    >>
    >> Features I'd like to see
    >> - Possibility to construct simple games via drag and drop without
    >> programming
    >> - Integration into an IDE
    >> - Based on Java or Python
    >> Pluses:
    >> - Good Tutorial
    >> - German documentation

    > Squeak. Smalltalk, but especially targeted at your requirements.
    >
    > http://www.squeak.org/
    >
    > Diez

    What part of Squeak is targeted at 2D game development?

    Max Kubierschky, Mar 30, 2007
  5. Re: Game programming for kids: looking for open source 2D game development kit

    In <euik44$93e$>, Max Kubierschky wrote:

    > What part of Squeak is targeted at 2D game development?

    http://www.squeak.org/Features/FunandGames/

    And also take a look at http://www.squeakland.org/ (Kids play → Etoys)
    which is a framework for children, that let's you paint objects and attach
    behaviour to them.

    Ciao,
    Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

    Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch, Mar 30, 2007
  6. Max Kubierschky

    John Nagle Guest

    Max Kubierschky wrote:
    > Diez B. Roggisch schrieb:
    >
    >> Max Kubierschky schrieb:
    >>
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> I'm planning to give a game programming course for kids of mixed age.
    >>> For this, I am looking for an open source 2D game development kit.
    >>> I am also willing to participate in the development of the
    >>> development kit.
    >>>
    >>> Features I'd like to see
    >>> - Possibility to construct simple games via drag and drop without
    >>> programming
    >>> - Integration into an IDE
    >>> - Based on Java or Python
    >>> Pluses:
    >>> - Good Tutorial
    >>> - German documentation

    The Blender GameKit will do all that.

    You can do simple games without programming.
    There's a graphical integrated environment.
    Programs can be written in Python.
    There's a published book ("Blender GameKit")
    German documentation may be hard to come by, though.

    John Nagle

    John Nagle, Mar 30, 2007
  7. Max Kubierschky

    John Salerno Guest

    Laurent Pointal wrote:

    > With Python:
    > * pygame + build your drag'n drop features
    > * if you like 3D, vpython.
    >

    > http://www.pygame.org/
    > http://www.vpython.org/

    Wow, vpython looks pretty need. I'm messing around with it right now
    and reading the docs. But I can't find something...do you know how to
    clear the contents of the current scene? I checked the attributes of the
    display, but there is nothing like "empty" that would do it.

    John Salerno, Mar 30, 2007
  8. Max Kubierschky

    John Salerno Guest

    John Salerno wrote:
    > Laurent Pointal wrote:
    >
    >> With Python:
    >> * pygame + build your drag'n drop features
    >> * if you like 3D, vpython.
    >>

    >> http://www.pygame.org/
    >> http://www.vpython.org/

    > Wow, vpython looks pretty need.

    neat* :)

    John Salerno, Mar 30, 2007
  9. Re: Game programming for kids: looking for open source 2D game development kit

    John Salerno wrote:

    > Laurent Pointal wrote:
    >
    >> With Python:
    >> * pygame + build your drag'n drop features
    >> * if you like 3D, vpython.
    >>

    >> http://www.pygame.org/
    >> http://www.vpython.org/

    > Wow, vpython looks pretty need. I'm messing around with it right now
    > and reading the docs. But I can't find something...do you know how to
    > clear the contents of the current scene?

    No, I know about vpython existence, I tried demos but haven't used it (no
    need).

    You may use the development lists for such questions.

    http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=6013

    A+

    Laurent.

    Laurent Pointal, Mar 30, 2007
  10. Max Kubierschky

    Paul Rudin Guest

    John Salerno <> writes:

    > Laurent Pointal wrote:
    >
    >> With Python:
    >> * pygame + build your drag'n drop features
    >> * if you like 3D, vpython.
    >>

    >> http://www.pygame.org/
    >> http://www.vpython.org/

    > Wow, vpython looks pretty need. I'm messing around with it right now
    > and reading the docs. But I can't find something...do you know how to
    > clear the contents of the current scene? I checked the attributes of
    > the display, but there is nothing like "empty" that would do it.

    for x in scene.objects:
    x.visible = 0

    ?

    Paul Rudin, Mar 31, 2007
  11. Max Kubierschky

    pabloreda Guest

    Re: Game programming for kids: looking for open source 2D game development kit

    I 'm doing the same

    in forth...

    www.reda4.org

    pabloreda, Mar 31, 2007