Game programming in Python

Baza

I'm looking for any books or on-line resources on game programming using
Python. Does anyone have any advice?
--
Computer says, 'no'

Terry Reedy

Baza said:
I'm looking for any books or on-line resources on game programming using
Python. Does anyone have any advice?

Google "Python game programming"

Will

Hi Baza,

I'm looking for any books or on-line resources on game programming using
Python. Does anyone have any advice?

You're probably beyond this book, however, for other newbies like moi
checking this thread in future, I started with:

"Python Programming for the absolute beginner"
By Michael Dawson
(Premier Press- www.premierpressbooks.com. ISBN: 1-59200-073-8)

It's a great read and easy to follow, but more importantly in this
instance, one learns Python by creating games (and then you can put
this knowledge to use elsewhere). It comes with a CD that has Python
2.2.3, Pygame 1.5.6 and Livewires 2.0, the source code for the
projects in the book, & useful links (as well as The Gimp for Windows
and a demo version of the Cool Edit Pro multitrack recording studio).
HTH.

L8r,

Will

# Living & loving in Aotearoa, New Zealand. Kia ora Kiwis!

Simon Wittber

I'm looking for any books or on-line resources on game programming
using Python. Does anyone have any advice?

Hi Baza,

If I you are as I assume, a programmer just starting out with game
programming, the best suggestion I can give is head over to
pygame.org, and after downloading and installing the library (also
install PyOpenGL if you can), go through the tutorials listed at
http://www.pygame.org/docs/ .

You will also find the pygame mailing list very helpfu, and, if you
are so inclined, the IRC #pygame channel on freenode.net

Sw.

Neil Benn

Baza said:
I'm looking for any books or on-line resources on game programming using
Python. Does anyone have any advice?
--
Computer says, 'no'
Like the end quote :

eh, eh, eeehhhhhh!!

--

Neil Benn
Senior Automation Engineer

Tel : +49 (0)351 4173 154
e-mail : (e-mail address removed)

baza

Hi Baza,

If I you are as I assume, a programmer just starting out with game
programming, the best suggestion I can give is head over to
pygame.org, and after downloading and installing the library (also
install PyOpenGL if you can), go through the tutorials listed at
http://www.pygame.org/docs/ .

You will also find the pygame mailing list very helpfu, and, if you
are so inclined, the IRC #pygame channel on freenode.net

Sw.

Thanks for these. I'm sorted now. pygame looks very interesting.

Baz