    Python. Does anyone have any advice?
    --
    Computer says, 'no'

    Baza, Jan 11, 2005

  2. Baza

    Doug Holton Guest

    Baza wrote:
    > I'm looking for any books or on-line resources on game programming using
    > Python. Does anyone have any advice?

    See http://pygame.org/
    There is also a book called "Game Programming with Python".

    Doug Holton, Jan 11, 2005

  3. Baza

    Terry Reedy Guest

    "Baza" <> wrote in message
    > I'm looking for any books or on-line resources on game programming using
    > Python. Does anyone have any advice?

    Google "Python game programming"

    Terry Reedy, Jan 11, 2005
  4. Baza

    Lucas Raab Guest

    Lucas Raab, Jan 11, 2005
  5. Mike C. Fletcher, Jan 11, 2005
  6. Baza

    Lucas Raab Guest

    Mike C. Fletcher wrote:
    > Lucas Raab wrote:
    >
    >> Baza wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm looking for any books or on-line resources on game programming using
    >>> Python. Does anyone have any advice?
    >>> -- Computer says, 'no'
    >>>

    >> www.panda3d.com, www.pygame.org, www.blender3d.com ...

    > http://www.vrplumber.com/py3d.py?category=game
    >
    > HTH,
    > Mike

    > Mike C. Fletcher
    > Designer, VR Plumber, Coder
    > http://www.vrplumber.com
    > http://blog.vrplumber.com

    My apologies. :)

    Lucas Raab, Jan 12, 2005
  7. Baza

    Will Guest

    Hi Baza,

    On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 18:32:50 +0000, Baza <> wrote:

    > I'm looking for any books or on-line resources on game programming using
    > Python. Does anyone have any advice?

    You're probably beyond this book, however, for other newbies like moi
    checking this thread in future, I started with:

    "Python Programming for the absolute beginner"
    By Michael Dawson
    (Premier Press- www.premierpressbooks.com. ISBN: 1-59200-073-8)

    It's a great read and easy to follow, but more importantly in this
    instance, one learns Python by creating games (and then you can put
    this knowledge to use elsewhere). It comes with a CD that has Python
    2.2.3, Pygame 1.5.6 and Livewires 2.0, the source code for the
    projects in the book, & useful links (as well as The Gimp for Windows
    and a demo version of the Cool Edit Pro multitrack recording studio).
    HTH.

    L8r,

    Will

    # Living & loving in Aotearoa, New Zealand. Kia ora Kiwis!

    Will, Jan 12, 2005
  8. > I'm looking for any books or on-line resources on game programming
    > using Python. Does anyone have any advice?

    Hi Baza,

    If I you are as I assume, a programmer just starting out with game
    programming, the best suggestion I can give is head over to
    pygame.org, and after downloading and installing the library (also
    install PyOpenGL if you can), go through the tutorials listed at
    http://www.pygame.org/docs/ .

    You will also find the pygame mailing list very helpfu, and, if you
    are so inclined, the IRC #pygame channel on freenode.net

    Sw.

    Simon Wittber, Jan 12, 2005
  9. Baza

    Neil Benn Guest

    Baza wrote:

    >I'm looking for any books or on-line resources on game programming using
    >Python. Does anyone have any advice?
    >--
    >Computer says, 'no'

    Like the end quote :

    eh, eh, eeehhhhhh!!

    --

    Neil Benn
    Senior Automation Engineer

    Tel : +49 (0)351 4173 154
    e-mail :

    Neil Benn, Jan 12, 2005
  10. Baza

    baza Guest

    On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:49:50 +0800, Simon Wittber wrote:

    >> I'm looking for any books or on-line resources on game programming
    >> using Python. Does anyone have any advice?

    > Hi Baza,
    >
    > If I you are as I assume, a programmer just starting out with game
    > programming, the best suggestion I can give is head over to
    > pygame.org, and after downloading and installing the library (also
    > install PyOpenGL if you can), go through the tutorials listed at
    > http://www.pygame.org/docs/ .
    >
    > You will also find the pygame mailing list very helpfu, and, if you
    > are so inclined, the IRC #pygame channel on freenode.net
    >
    > Sw.

    Thanks for these. I'm sorted now. pygame looks very interesting.

    Baz

    baza, Jan 12, 2005