game programming with direct python

Discussion in 'Python' started by bartek-09, Dec 9, 2009.

  1. bartek-09

    bartek-09

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Hi there,

    I installed on a VM (virtual box 3.0) the latest release of directpython 0.9.0 for winXP SP3. I use all packages compatible to python 2.5.4.

    When I start the first example "e.g. sampleBasic.py" then the following error message is exposed:
    .. in create Device()
    RuntimeError: No valid mode found

    Then I was checking my Direct X Version via dxdiag:
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    I also installed the guest additions for the virtualbox.

    Finally I installed the entire stuff on my host system win7 64bit:
    I works properly on the host. But I can not get it to work on the virtualbox.
    My graphicadapter: GeForce GTS 240
    Could you give me a clue?

    br,
    bartek