    tested open-source game code and scripts."/]

    Cheers,
    Carsten.

    Carsten Eckelmann, Jan 11, 2004

  2. "Carsten Eckelmann" <> wrote in message
    > Just read this over at the Daily Python-URL!:
    >
    > Tom Gutschmidt: Game Programming with Python, Lua, and Ruby

    Just got my copy today !
    The book has about 160 pages devoted to Python, 106 to Lua and 62 to Ruby.
    Uses ruby180-10.exe for installing on Windows. Focuses on Ruby's OpenGL and
    SDL wrappers along with FXRuby !

    Hmmm ...
    -- shanko

    Shashank Date, Jan 13, 2004

  3. Hi Shashank,

    I would be very interested in your opinion on this book when you are
    finished reading it. Could you then post some comments?
    What's especially interesting is the ratio of "introduction to language
    x" to "game design" and "how to do this in language x".

    Cheers,
    Carsten.

    Carsten Eckelmann, Jan 13, 2004
  4. "Carsten Eckelmann" <> wrote in message
    > I would be very interested in your opinion on this book when you are
    > finished reading it. Could you then post some comments?

    Absolutely ...

    > What's especially interesting is the ratio of "introduction to language
    > x" to "game design" and "how to do this in language x".

    These are my first impressions (with only about 30 minutes of
    leafing thru various sections):

    * Diagrams and Captions do not match in many places.
    * Language coverage is shallow and hardly any discussion on game design.
    * Don't know about "How to do this in language X" but doesn't seem to be
    strong in that area.

    I haven't looked at the CD that came with it yet. Not overly impressed.
    HTH,
    > Cheers,
    > Carsten.

    -- Shashank