    screen full of action...

    JariTapio/Helsinki/13may2005
    www.EuroJari.com

    JariTapio, May 13, 2005

  2. JariTapio

    Alun Harford Guest

    "JariTapio" <> wrote in message
    news:Dz5he.303$...
    > Hei!
    >
    > I was thinkin about the speed of the Java
    > graphic commands and i hav noticed that
    > all the command are really really slow even
    > with my AMD 1.733 Athlon...
    >
    > So, If i go to make a shoot em up with
    > graphics what graphic commands i need
    > to learn and is there any tricks to do graphics
    > screen full of action...

    OpenGL.

    Alun Harford

    Alun Harford, May 14, 2005

  3. JariTapio

    Chris Smith Guest

    Alun Harford <> wrote:
    > OpenGL.

    There are OpenGL implementations for Java using native code. The
    standard route, however, is Java3D. Java3D is a higher level scene-
    graph oriented API for 3D graphics, and is available as a standard
    extension for the Java platform. On most platforms, it will be
    implemented on top of OpenGL. On Windows you have a choice between an
    OpenGL or Direct3D-based reference implementation from Sun.

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation

    Chris Smith, May 14, 2005
  4. JariTapio

    JariTapio Guest

    > I was thinkin about the speed of the Java
    > graphic commands and i hav noticed that
    > all the command are really really slow even
    > with my AMD 1.733 Athlon...
    >
    > So, If i go to make a shoot em up with
    > graphics what graphic commands i need
    > to learn and is there any tricks to do graphics
    > Applet screen full of action...

    OpenGL And DirectX,
    Hmmm... I hav never used neither with Java,
    Please,where can I download SDKs for them...

    Thanks anyway...

    JariTapio/Helsinki/14may2005
    www.EuroJari.com

    JariTapio, May 14, 2005