GameCanvas & menu, how?

Jeff

Hey

midp 2.0
J2ME Wireless Toolkit 2.2
JDK 5

I'm developing a j2me game and wants the game to have a fancy menu. I've
been searching the web for info about how to create a fancy game menu, but I
couldn't find the info I was looking for. So I decided to try if there are
somebody here that could give me some info about how to create a game menu.

While searching I did find this article:
http://www.mobilegd.com/modules.php?name=News&file=print&sid=146
But this article doesn't tell how to create the menu items, so I found this
example hard to follow...

What I want is that when the user pushes a button on the keyboard, some menu
items shall be displayed on the screen. I could maybe try to follow the
guide in the link above, but the link above doesn't tell how to create the
menu items....

For to create the menu options, I'm wondering if this is a good approach:
Have every menu items represented as sprites in the canvas. When the user
navigates up and down in the menu, the menu logic changes the colors on the
sprites... (select and deselect menu items)... Is this a good way of doing
it (I guess it isn't)??????????????

Jeff