GameCanvas & menu, how?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Jeff, Jan 1, 2006.

  1. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    Hey

    midp 2.0
    J2ME Wireless Toolkit 2.2
    JDK 5

    I'm developing a j2me game and wants the game to have a fancy menu. I've
    been searching the web for info about how to create a fancy game menu, but I
    couldn't find the info I was looking for. So I decided to try if there are
    somebody here that could give me some info about how to create a game menu.

    While searching I did find this article:
    http://www.mobilegd.com/modules.php?name=News&file=print&sid=146
    But this article doesn't tell how to create the menu items, so I found this
    example hard to follow...

    What I want is that when the user pushes a button on the keyboard, some menu
    items shall be displayed on the screen. I could maybe try to follow the
    guide in the link above, but the link above doesn't tell how to create the
    menu items....

    For to create the menu options, I'm wondering if this is a good approach:
    Have every menu items represented as sprites in the canvas. When the user
    navigates up and down in the menu, the menu logic changes the colors on the
    sprites... (select and deselect menu items)... Is this a good way of doing
    it (I guess it isn't)??????????????

    Jeff
    Jeff, Jan 1, 2006