    I'm making a community web site. What is the best way to put
    games on a site? Been looking at GAMEHOUSE ect is that the best
    way to go. TIA mike
    netnut, Feb 26, 2005

  2. netnut

    Jan Faerber Guest

    netnut ... output:

    > Hi All
    > I'm making a community web site. What is the best way to put
    > games on a site? Been looking at GAMEHOUSE ect is that the best
    > way to go. TIA mike

    I don't know the site you mentioned.
    What kinda games?
    Poker, Ants, Worms?

    Some people like adventure games.
    You could set up your own irc channel in a small corner of your web page for
    those fans.

    --
    Jan

    http://html.janfaerber.com
    Jan Faerber, Feb 26, 2005

  3. netnut

    netnut Guest

    Thank-you Jan

    Jan Faerber <> wrote in

    > Some people like adventure games.
    > You could set up your own irc channel in a small corner of
    > your web page for those fans.

    Thanks Jan will look into it. mike
    netnut, Feb 27, 2005
  4. netnut

    Jan Faerber Guest

    Re: Thank-you Jan

    netnut ... output:

    > Jan Faerber <> wrote in
    >
    >> Some people like adventure games.
    >> You could set up your own irc channel in a small corner of
    >> your web page for those fans.
    >>

    > Thanks Jan will look into it. mike

    If you like that idea you might wanna set up a bot who can explain the rules
    to the players:

    http://www.alicebot.org/ ... they won a price with artificial intelligence
    http://www.pandorabots.com/botmaster/en/home

    I think that is more than a simple egg drop script.

    --
    Jan

    http://html.janfaerber.com
    Jan Faerber, Feb 28, 2005
  5. netnut

    netnut Guest

    netnut, Mar 1, 2005
  6. netnut wrote:
    > Hi All
    > I'm making a community web site. What is the best way to put
    > games on a site? Been looking at GAMEHOUSE ect is that the best
    > way to go. TIA mike

    Decide what you mean by "put games on a site":

    (a) provide game software for people to download
    (b) create online games that run in the web browser
    (c) provide rules/materials for non-computer games
    (d) something else

    If (a), then it's quite straightforward. Use WinZip or similar to
    compress the executables and bundle them with any documentation. Upload
    the zip file to your website, and create hyperlinks to it.

    If (b), then decide what kind(s) of games you are going to offer and
    whether you plan to offer remote multiplayer facilities. Then decide
    what to use to implement the games on this basis. You needn't use the
    same option for everything, but make sure it's clear to everyone what
    each game uses (so they know what browser settings/plugins they need).
    The possibilities, depending on these factors, can include:

    - plain HTML (can do the likes of mazes with one page per room, but not
    much else)
    - JavaScript
    - Java
    - Flash
    - Shockwave

    Once you've got that far, someone may be able to help you on an
    appropriate 'group.

    Stewart.

    the 'group where everyone may benefit.
    Stewart Gordon, Mar 1, 2005
  7. netnut

    netnut Guest

    Thanks Stewart

    Stewart Gordon <> wrote in news:d02beq$9ko$1
    @sun-cc204.lut.ac.uk:

    netnut, Mar 2, 2005
  8. netnut

    Jan Faerber Guest