GAP and Java

danaf

GAP - http://www.gap-system.org/

Since GAP is written in C and no Java API provided, how can I use my
Java program to "throw" data to GAP for some permutations calculation?
Or any other altnerative solutions available?

Thanks a lot.

Tjerk Wolterink

GAP - http://www.gap-system.org/

Since GAP is written in C and no Java API provided, how can I use my
Java program to "throw" data to GAP for some permutations calculation?
Or any other altnerative solutions available?

Thanks a lot.
Use JNI: Java native interface. Search google for more information, i do not know much about jni

Gordon Beaton

GAP - http://www.gap-system.org/

Since GAP is written in C and no Java API provided, how can I use my
Java program to "throw" data to GAP for some permutations
calculation? Or any other altnerative solutions available?

I know nothing about GAP, but suggest you read their FAQ since it
provides a concise answer to your question:

http://www.gap-system.org/Faq/program1.html

Among other things, it makes it clear that JNI is not the answer.

Java mechanisms that correspond to their suggestions are things like
Runtime.exec() and regular File{In|Out}putStreams.

/gordon