    items to be listed like a classified section in a news paper. I'd like a
    simple input page and then another page with item in generalized categories.
    I'm not sure where to start. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

    static, Aug 29, 2004

  2. static

    WebcastMaker Guest

    In article <mcsYc.49707$>,
    says...
    > I want to set up a simple garage sale type website for a local city. I want
    > items to be listed like a classified section in a news paper. I'd like a
    > simple input page and then another page with item in generalized categories.
    > I'm not sure where to start. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

    Google "Web site developers" and your local city name, and call one of
    the companies that comes up. That is your best bet.

    Second choice would be to run through several of the tutorials on
    www.w3schools.com Then come back if you still have questions. Based on
    your question, you would probably not understand any of the answers that
    you would receive before running through the tutorial.
    --
    WebcastMaker
    Webcasting for free

    WebcastMaker, Aug 29, 2004

  3. static

    static Guest

    "WebcastMaker" <> wrote in message
    > In article <mcsYc.49707$>,
    > says...
    > > I want to set up a simple garage sale type website for a local city. I

    want
    > > items to be listed like a classified section in a news paper. I'd like

    > > simple input page and then another page with item in generalized

    categories.
    > > I'm not sure where to start. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

    > Google "Web site developers" and your local city name, and call one of
    > the companies that comes up. That is your best bet.
    >
    > Second choice would be to run through several of the tutorials on
    > www.w3schools.com Then come back if you still have questions. Based on
    > your question, you would probably not understand any of the answers that
    > you would receive before running through the tutorial.
    > --
    > WebcastMaker
    > Webcasting for free
    > http://www.webentations.com

    Thanks I'll check it out. I do know some basic html and have the domain and
    space already set up.
    offstreamclearinhouse.com is one I did while learning.. Thanks again.

    static, Aug 29, 2004
  4. static

    Neal Guest

    On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 22:19:37 GMT, static <> wrote:

    > "WebcastMaker" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <mcsYc.49707$>,
    >> says...
    >> > I want to set up a simple garage sale type website for a local city.

    >> Second choice would be to run through several of the tutorials on
    >> www.w3schools.com Then come back if you still have questions. Based on
    >> your question, you would probably not understand any of the answers that
    >> you would receive before running through the tutorial.

    > Thanks I'll check it out. I do know some basic html and have the domain
    > and
    > space already set up.
    > offstreamclearinhouse.com is one I did while learning.. Thanks again.

    You'll want to make this work in HTML alone first. You're going to need a
    server-side solution to actually handle the form results and create your
    pages from the submitted information. PHP might be the best bet. If you
    have no experience in programming, you might do well to shop this out to
    someone who already does. Don't do this in Javascript, that's not going to
    be dependable for this application.

    Neal, Aug 30, 2004