garbage collection

bob

Is there any information on when garbage collection will generally
occur in an applet or application?

Eric Sosman

Is there any information on when garbage collection will generally
occur in an applet or application?

"When it needs to," pretty much. Or maybe "When it
wants to" would be more accurate. Why do you care? (There
may be legitimate reasons for caring, but what are yours?)

Roedy Green

The recent JVM from Sun come with a host of debugging tools, including
"JConsole", a graphical tool which allows you to monitor the activity of
a JVM instance,

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jconsole.html
for links.

I have updated the entry. I will be uploading within the hour.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

"Species evolve exactly as if they were adapting as best they could to a changing world, and not at all as if they were moving toward a set goal."
~ George Gaylord Simpson