Gatherting a SQL Password from the user in a Web Setup project

Guest

I want to gather the information needed to modify the connection string to
the database during install time. I added a Text Box dialog to the setup but
it does not allow me to set the password character for the password text box.
So when you type the password you can see it. Is there a way around this
problem?

Chris

Guest

You can do this using custom Actions in Set Up Project, In Custom Actions you
can take input from User using textbox or any other controls, you can use
this input in ur project "this.Context.Parameters["Database"]";

Vivek