    point me to the right place..

    I want to compile Gcc in windows. is it possible?

    , Jan 2, 2008

  2. Barry Guest

    Check out MinGW http://www.MinGW.org

    Barry, Jan 2, 2008

    On Jan 2, 2:18 pm, Barry <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > I don't know whether this is a right place to ask...if not please
    > > point me to the right place..

    > > I want to compile Gcc in windows. is it possible?

    > Check out MinGWhttp://www.MinGW.org

    Thanks..i had tried this some days ago..but i cudnt get path to
    download source code..whenever i find link to download, it lists big
    list of downloads. i couldnt figure it out, which one to downlaod

    , Jan 2, 2008
  4. Mirco Wahab Guest

    wrote:
    > I don't know whether this is a right place to ask...if not please
    > point me to the right place..
    >
    > I want to compile Gcc in windows. is it possible?

    Aside from the hint already given, I'd
    like to point you to djgpp, which is a
    "more native" windows thing and provides
    the somehow actual gcc/g++ 4.2.2

    (Mingw-gcc has gcc/g++ 3.4.4)

    http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/zip-picker.html
    (read http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/why.html first)

    Regards

    M.

    Mirco Wahab, Jan 2, 2008

    On Jan 2, 3:07 pm, Mirco Wahab <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > I don't know whether this is a right place to ask...if not please
    > > point me to the right place..

    > > I want to compile Gcc in windows. is it possible?

    > Aside from the hint already given, I'd
    > like to point you to djgpp, which is a
    > "more native" windows thing and provides
    > the somehow actual gcc/g++ 4.2.2
    >
    > (Mingw-gcc has gcc/g++ 3.4.4)
    >
    > http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/zip-picker.html
    > (readhttp://www.delorie.com/djgpp/why.htmlfirst)
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > M.

    Thank you so much. i just started looking into your tips..

    , Jan 2, 2008
  6. Chris Forone Guest

    Mirco Wahab schrieb:
    > Aside from the hint already given, I'd
    > like to point you to djgpp, which is a
    > "more native" windows thing and provides
    > the somehow actual gcc/g++ 4.2.2

    does it includes the standard-library?

    regards, chris

    Chris Forone, Jan 2, 2008
  7. Mirco Wahab Guest

    Chris Forone wrote:
    > Mirco Wahab schrieb:
    >> Aside from the hint already given, I'd
    >> like to point you to djgpp, which is a
    >> "more native" windows thing and provides
    >> the somehow actual gcc/g++ 4.2.2

    > does it includes the standard-library?

    As far as I can understand, it has the c++ std,
    including everything from the corresponding
    gnu c++. Additionally, it makes some 56 files in
    the /tr1 subdir available, and it has the
    shared_ptr from boost 1.32 (in the tr1 namespace).

    Regards

    M.

    Mirco Wahab, Jan 2, 2008
  8. "" <> wrote in

    > I don't know whether this is a right place to ask...if not please
    > point me to the right place..
    >
    > I want to compile Gcc in windows. is it possible?

    news://gnu.g .help/

    Kenneth Porter, Jan 2, 2008
  9. Mike Smith Guest

    Kenneth Porter wrote:
    > "" <> wrote in
    >
    >> I don't know whether this is a right place to ask...if not please
    >> point me to the right place..
    >>
    >> I want to compile Gcc in windows. is it possible?

    > news://gnu.g .help/

    I assume you meant news:gnu.g++.help .

    --
    Mike Smith