[gcc] indent -kr

Ron Ford

I'm relatively new to gnu, as I'm more from the mingw side. Anyways, I'm
trying to build the gcc indent tool. This is what it looks like now:

http://i37.tinypic.com/2wntwuw.jpg

Somehow, I've got to make this look like:

//indent.c:

#include <stdio.h>

int main(void)
{

int c;
char name[]="dan";

fprintf(stderr, "not even close %s\n", name);

return 0;
}
// gcc -o indent -std=c99 -pedantic -Wall -W indent1.c
// indent >text55.txt 2>text56.txt

This template includes commented-out compiler commands at the end. How do
I better utilize c? Thanks and cheers,

santosh

Ron Ford wrote:

<snip>

Your post makes absolutely no sense. What was the purpose of showing us
your desktop? And what was the purpose of that code snippet?

Keith Thompson

Ron Ford said:
I'm relatively new to gnu, as I'm more from the mingw side. Anyways, I'm
trying to build the gcc indent tool. This is what it looks like now:

http://i37.tinypic.com/2wntwuw.jpg

Somehow, I've got to make this look like:
[snip]

I haven't quoted the last part of your article, since it has no
relationship to the first as far as I can tell.

<OT>
One of the files shown in your screenshot is called "INSTALL".
</OT>

Ron Ford

Ron Ford said:
I'm relatively new to gnu, as I'm more from the mingw side. Anyways, I'm
trying to build the gcc indent tool. This is what it looks like now:

http://i37.tinypic.com/2wntwuw.jpg

Somehow, I've got to make this look like:
[snip]

I haven't quoted the last part of your article, since it has no
relationship to the first as far as I can tell.

I intend to make it relevant using the C Programming Language.
<OT>
One of the files shown in your screenshot is called "INSTALL".
</OT>

I indent to make relevant a subject you just mentioned as a criticism.
Apparently, it wasn't OT then.

I think some people take joy with my initial pratfall in a gnu project.

Ron Ford

Ron Ford said:
I'm relatively new to gnu, as I'm more from the mingw side. Anyways, I'm
trying to build the gcc indent tool. This is what it looks like now:

http://i37.tinypic.com/2wntwuw.jpg

Somehow, I've got to make this look like:
[snip]

I haven't quoted the last part of your article, since it has no
relationship to the first as far as I can tell.

<OT>
One of the files shown in your screenshot is called "INSTALL".
</OT>

I can see now that this was a linux question in disguise. People think I'm
Italian, though.

I haven't figured out where my C capability lives on my new ubuntu
partition, but I do see that the installation of gcc's indent has an OS
flavor to it.

// Commented-out command lines to gcc are, in my opinion, topical, cf. §7
K&R.