GCC, libgcc & thread-safe exception handling

Nicolas Weidmann

Hello,

A long time ago (back in late 1999), libgcc did not handle exception in
a thread-safe manner.

In the mean time I did not have to use gcc for important things until...
now.

I would like to know if the handling of exception is now thread-safe in
GCC (libgcc)?

Thank you,

Nicolas

Victor Bazarov

Nicolas said:
A long time ago (back in late 1999), libgcc did not handle exception
in a thread-safe manner.

In the mean time I did not have to use gcc for important things
until... now.

I would like to know if the handling of exception is now thread-safe
in GCC (libgcc)?

"Thread-safe" is not defined in C++. Try 'gnu.g++.help' newsgroup.

Maxim Yegorushkin

Nicolas said:
Hello,

A long time ago (back in late 1999), libgcc did not handle exception in
a thread-safe manner.

In present days you can safely throw several exceptions simultaneously
in different threads.