    ideas.

    Cheers,
    Matt
    Matthew Bates, Jan 16, 2005

  2. Matthew Bates

    Jim Gibson Guest

    In article <nExGd.11631$>, Matthew
    Bates <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm currently trying to install the GD module for Perl on FreeBSD 4.10
    > and I'm experiencing some issues. I'm using the cpan to install but a
    > make test fails, reporting:
    >
    > module GD: /usr/local/lib/libgd.so.2: Undefined symbol "libiconv_open"
    > at /usr/
    > local/lib/perl5/5.8.2/mach/DynaLoader.pm line 229
    >
    > I'm relatively inexperienced with Perl so I'd appreciate any thought or
    > ideas.

    The error message indicates that the problem is with your installation
    of the GD library, not Perl or the GD module. Try testing to see if
    your GD library (libgd.so) is working before trying to install the
    GD.pm Perl module.

    FYI: this newsgroup is defunct. Try comp.land.perl.misc for general
    Perl questions in the future, or, for module-related subjects such as
    yours, comp.lang.perl.modules. You are much more likely to get help
    there.

    Jim Gibson, Jan 18, 2005