gdb SIGSEGV

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Morris Dovey, Feb 12, 2004.

  1. Morris Dovey

    Morris Dovey Guest

    Sameer wrote:

    > I get this error info when I debug a segmentation fault using
    > gdb:
    >
    > Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault 0x42073d65
    > in _int_malloc() from /lib/i686/libc.so.6
    >
    > What to fix this ?

    Fix the invalid pointer/subscript.

    --
    Morris Dovey
    West Des Moines, Iowa USA

    Sameer, Feb 12, 2004

  3. Morris Dovey

    Tom St Denis Guest

    "Sameer" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I get this error info when I debug a segmentation fault using gdb:
    >
    > Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault
    > 0x42073d65 in _int_malloc() from /lib/i686/libc.so.6
    >
    > What to fix this ?

    If you want to get more information about the crash you will most certainly
    have to compile your program with debugging options turned on. Look up in
    the manual for your compiler on how todo that.

    Tom
    Tom St Denis, Feb 12, 2004
  4. On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 16:03:28 +0530, in comp.lang.c , "Sameer"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I get this error info when I debug a segmentation fault using gdb:

    you mean gdb crashes? This is nothing to do with C.

    --
    Mark McIntyre

    Mark McIntyre, Feb 14, 2004