gdmodule max colors

Discussion in 'Python' started by John Hunter, Nov 2, 2003.

  1. John Hunter

    John Hunter Guest

    GD module has a constant gdMaxColors

    >From the web page:

    Maximum number of colors in an image; GD will likely change this
    figure in a future version.

    Is there any way to increase this number?

    In the GD FAQ, there is an entry about missing colors in JPEG images
    that reads

    When creating truecolor images, you need to call
    gdImageCreateTrueColor, not gdImageCreate.

    but I see no analog of this in gdmodule.

    I tried increasing gdMaxColors to 2048 in gd.h of the GD src and
    recompiled it and gdmodule. When I do

    >>> import gd
    >>> print gd.gdMaxColors

    2048

    I get the right answer, but then I get a segfault when I try and
    create my image.

    I am creating pseudo-color plots in GD and would like to have a larger
    color pallet.

    Suggestions?

    Thanks,
    John Hunter