    it seems very straight forward but the results are puzzling. has
    anyone had this same issue? thoughts/suggestions?

    cheers...

    scott simpson, Dec 17, 2003

  2. "scott simpson" <> schreef in bericht

    > i am trying to sniff out the (ax) version of the NS browsers and am
    > not having any luck. both of the following alert 'undefined':
    >
    > alert('GeckoActiveXObject=' + typeof GeckoActiveXObject);
    > alert('GeckoActiveXObject=' + window.GeckoActiveXObject);

    Testing with Mozilla 1.5 on WinXP I get the expected "function" on the
    first. The second throws an error because Mozilla cannot cast an object to a
    primitive type.

    Changing it into:
    alert('GeckoActiveXObject=' + (window.GeckoActiveXObject ? 1 : 0) );

    fixed this.

    JW

    Janwillem Borleffs, Dec 17, 2003

  3. "Janwillem Borleffs" <> schreef in bericht

    > Testing with Mozilla 1.5 on WinXP I get the expected "function" on the
    > first. The second throws an error because Mozilla cannot cast an object to

    > primitive type.

    That sounds silly when you read it back... I meant that the
    window.GeckoActiveX function couldn't be converted for displaying in the
    alert box.

    JW

    Janwillem Borleffs, Dec 17, 2003
  4. scott simpson

    DU Guest

    scott simpson wrote:

    > ns 7.1 on win2k:
    >
    > i am trying to sniff out the (ax) version of the NS browsers and am
    > not having any luck. both of the following alert 'undefined':
    >
    > alert('GeckoActiveXObject=' + typeof GeckoActiveXObject);
    > alert('GeckoActiveXObject=' + window.GeckoActiveXObject);
    >
    > it seems very straight forward but the results are puzzling. has
    > anyone had this same issue? thoughts/suggestions?
    >
    > cheers...

    The answer to your query was available at this precise url:

    Windows Media Player in Netscape 7.1
    Client-side Detection Using JavaScript Objects
    http://devedge.netscape.com/viewsource/2003/windows-media-in-netscape/

    Janwillem B. answered you correctly btw.

    DU

    DU, Dec 17, 2003