Gem.bin_path LoadError - gem bin directories are not found

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by James Calfee, Nov 25, 2009.

  1. James Calfee

    James Calfee Guest

    I installed ruby gems and have been working with rails just fine. Now,
    this example (step 6) is giving me trouble:

    http://rails-primer.appspot.com

    Step 6 says to run appcfg.rb .. That was not in my path. So after some
    searching I found and added this directory to the path:

    /var/lib/gems/1.8/bin

    Now it is found, but obviously I'm still setup in-correctly because this
    just leads me to a LoadError thrown from a call to Gem.bin_path ...

    "no such file to load"

    The file it is complaining about is in a 'bin' directory nested even
    deeper under another gem in /var/lib/gems. At this point, I probably
    shouldn't keep adding bin directories to my path. I'm sure that is not
    the answer.

    I would really like to see rails working under rails-primer in the App
    Engine. Thanks for the help.
    James Calfee, Nov 25, 2009