gem built with 0.9.5 cannot be installed with 0.9.4

Dan Manges

Has anybody released a gem built with rubygems 0.9.5? I built the
latest version of deep_test with 0.9.5, but it seems like it cannot be
installed with 0.9.4 clients. It shows up in the gem list without a
platform (version 1.0.3):

Select which gem to install for your platform (i686-darwin9.0.0)
1. deep_test 1.0.4 (ruby)
2. deep_test 1.0.3 ()
3. deep_test 1.0.2 (ruby)
4. deep_test 1.0.1 (ruby)
5. Skip this gem
6. Cancel installation
ERROR: While executing gem ... (OpenURI::HTTPError)
404 Not Found

It's then looking to download the gem with an extra hyphen at the end:
"http://gems.rubyforge.org/gems/deep_test-1.0.3-.gem"

I submitted a defect, but wanted to know if anybody else ran into
this.
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=16177&group_id=126&atid=575

The gemspec I used is here:
http://deep-test.rubyforge.org/svn/trunk/Rakefile

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Manges

To follow up, adding this line to the gem spec fixes the problem:
s.platform = Gem::platform::RUBY

I noticed a couple other gems have been affected by this:
"addressable-1.0.1.gem"
"gchart-0.1.0.gem"

Dan