gem can't connect on Windows

Matthias Luedtke

Hi all

I'm trying to install rails on my Windows box. I'm using the newest
one-click installer version of Ruby.

E:\>gem install rails --remote

E:\>"c:\ruby\bin\ruby.exe" "c:\ruby\bin\gem" install rails --remote
Attempting remote installation of 'rails'
ERROR: While executing gem ... (Errno::ECONNREFUSED)
Es konnte keine Verbindung hergestellt werden, da der Zielcomputer
die Verbi
ndung verweigerte. - connect(2)

The last message is in german an means "Cannot establish connection.
Connection refused by destination host."

Although my computer is connected to the Inet via NAT all programs I use
work seamlessly. A personal firewall is not installed. Can anybody give
me any hints where/how to search for a solution to this? Are there any
configuration options for ruby networking that I have to change,
perhaps? TIA!

Greets,
Matthias

Matthias Luedtke

Glenn said:
If you are behind a proxy server, try adding:

Not exactly that, but I forgot that I edited my InternetExplorer
settings to use localhost:9 as a proxy in order to prevent him from
getting out...
-p http://<ipaddress>:<port>

where ipaddress:port is the ip/port of your proxy server

....so that solution in fact did it. Thank you!

Matthias