    rmagick-1.14.1-win32

    but the file IS in specified directory. what should I do? please help.

    fero.

    Fero, Apr 29, 2007

  2. On 4/29/07, Fero <> wrote:
    > gem install rmagick-1.14.1-win32 --local --install-dir c:/TEMP
    > ERROR: Local gem file not found: rmagick-1.14.1-win32*.gem
    > ERROR: Could not install a local or remote copy of the gem:
    > rmagick-1.14.1-win32

    Can't you just do

    gem install <filename>

    with the full filename?

    Mike
    --
    Michael P. Soulier <>
    --Albert Einstein
    Michael P. Soulier, Apr 29, 2007

  3. Michael P. Soulier wrote:
    > On 4/29/07, Fero <> wrote:
    >> gem install rmagick-1.14.1-win32 --local --install-dir c:/TEMP
    >> ERROR: Local gem file not found: rmagick-1.14.1-win32*.gem
    >> ERROR: Could not install a local or remote copy of the gem:
    >> rmagick-1.14.1-win32

    > Can't you just do
    >
    > gem install <filename>
    >
    > with the full filename?
    >
    > Mike

    i have tried it, there is no such file in rubyforge repository. i must
    download the .gem an install it localy. but i cant do that. what is
    wrong?

    Frantisek Psotka, Apr 29, 2007
  4. Frantisek Psotka wrote:
    > Michael P. Soulier wrote:
    >
    >> On 4/29/07, Fero <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> gem install rmagick-1.14.1-win32 --local --install-dir c:/TEMP
    >>> ERROR: Local gem file not found: rmagick-1.14.1-win32*.gem
    >>> ERROR: Could not install a local or remote copy of the gem:
    >>> rmagick-1.14.1-win32
    >>>

    >> Can't you just do
    >>
    >> gem install <filename>
    >>
    >> with the full filename?
    >>
    >> Mike
    >>

    > i have tried it, there is no such file in rubyforge repository. i must
    > download the .gem an install it localy. but i cant do that. what is
    > wrong?

    RMagick-1.14.1_IM-6.3.0-7-Q8.zip is a zip file that contains both the
    rmagick-win32 gem and the Windows installer for ImageMagick. Download
    the zip file and unzip it into a temporary directory. Use the chdir
    command to make the temporary directory your current directory. Run the
    ImageMagick-6.3.0-7-Q8-windows-dll.exe command to install ImageMagick.
    Then run

    gem install rmagick --local

    That's it.

    All this information is in the README.html file that is included in the
    zip file.
    Timothy Hunter, Apr 29, 2007
  5. yes, really thank you. i was confused, because when i explicitely
    (--install-dir) type directory, it failed (why?), so i didnt come up on
    such trivial solution.

    Frantisek Psotka, Apr 29, 2007