[gem] Instaling a gem without some dependences

Felix

Hi,

I'm new in using gem, and have a problem with dependences.
I try to install RoR, but one of gems appear broken. Does Gem has an
option "--install-without" or similar? I see there is one option to
"--force" install, but I want the other dependences to be included.

Derrick Fiedler

try

sudo gem install gem_name -y

So you include the dependencies inclusivly. i hope i could help you

Am 23.08.2009 um 19:40 schrieb Felix:

Eric Hodel

I'm new in using gem, and have a problem with dependences.
I try to install RoR, but one of gems appear broken. Does Gem has an
option "--install-without" or similar? I see there is one option to
"--force" install, but I want the other dependences to be included.

You can ignore all dependencies or none of them. You can't pick.

gem dep will tell you what dependencies a gem has.