gem install mysql - not showing the right options

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Venks, Jan 19, 2008.

  1. Venks

    Venks Guest

    Hi,

    I am trying to install the native mysql drivers using "gem install
    mysql" on Fedora 6 machine and following are the options shown:

    Select which gem to install for your platform (i386-linux)
    1. mysql 2.7.2006.05.10 (mswin32)
    2. mysql 2.7.2006.04.21 (mswin32)
    3. mysql 2.7.3 (mswin32)
    4. mysql 2.7.3 (mswin32)
    5. Skip this gem
    6. Cancel installation

    I tried the following but with the same results. What's missing? It's
    only showing "mswin32" option.

    gem install mysql -- --with-mysql-dir=/var/lib/mysql
    --with-mysql-config=/usr/bin/mysql_config
    --with-mysql-include=/usr/include/mysql
    --with-mysql-lib=/usr/lib/mysql

    Thanks,

    -Venks
    Venks, Jan 19, 2008

  2. Venks

    Eric Hodel Guest

    On Jan 19, 2008, at 12:01 PM, Venks wrote:
    > I am trying to install the native mysql drivers using "gem install
    > mysql" on Fedora 6 machine and following are the options shown:

    > Select which gem to install for your platform (i386-linux)
    > 1. mysql 2.7.2006.05.10 (mswin32)
    > 2. mysql 2.7.2006.04.21 (mswin32)
    > 3. mysql 2.7.3 (mswin32)
    > 4. mysql 2.7.3 (mswin32)