gem install mysql - not showing the right options

Venks

Hi,

I am trying to install the native mysql drivers using "gem install
mysql" on Fedora 6 machine and following are the options shown:

Select which gem to install for your platform (i386-linux)
1. mysql 2.7.2006.05.10 (mswin32)
2. mysql 2.7.2006.04.21 (mswin32)
3. mysql 2.7.3 (mswin32)
4. mysql 2.7.3 (mswin32)
5. Skip this gem
6. Cancel installation

I tried the following but with the same results. What's missing? It's
only showing "mswin32" option.

gem install mysql -- --with-mysql-dir=/var/lib/mysql
--with-mysql-config=/usr/bin/mysql_config
--with-mysql-include=/usr/include/mysql
--with-mysql-lib=/usr/lib/mysql

Thanks,

-Venks

Eric Hodel

I am trying to install the native mysql drivers using "gem install
mysql" on Fedora 6 machine and following are the options shown:

Select which gem to install for your platform (i386-linux)
1. mysql 2.7.2006.05.10 (mswin32)
2. mysql 2.7.2006.04.21 (mswin32)
3. mysql 2.7.3 (mswin32)
4. mysql 2.7.3 (mswin32)