Gem install of rubyzip working, but not.

Nathan Loyer

I installed the rubyzip gem with the command:

roboticbuddha:documents User$ gem install rubyzip
Successfully installed rubyzip-0.9.1
1 gem installed
roboticbuddha:documents User$

Everything looks fine, but when I try to run a script:

require 'zip/zipfilesystem'

It bombs, saying:

roboticbuddha:documents User$ ruby docxreader.rb
docxreader.rb:2:in `require': no such file to load -- zip/zipfilesystem
(LoadError)
from docxreader.rb:2

I've updated gems with the "sudo gem update --system" command and
installed rubyzip again. No luck.

Any ideas??

Thanks,
Nathan

Justin Collins

Nathan said:
I installed the rubyzip gem with the command:

roboticbuddha:documents User$ gem install rubyzip
Successfully installed rubyzip-0.9.1
1 gem installed
roboticbuddha:documents User$

Everything looks fine, but when I try to run a script:

require 'zip/zipfilesystem'

It bombs, saying:

roboticbuddha:documents User$ ruby docxreader.rb
docxreader.rb:2:in `require': no such file to load -- zip/zipfilesystem
(LoadError)
from docxreader.rb:2

I've updated gems with the "sudo gem update --system" command and
installed rubyzip again. No luck.

Any ideas??

Thanks,
Nathan

Always need to

require 'rubygems'

first when using gems.

-Justin

Nathan Loyer

Justin said:
Always need to

require 'rubygems'

first when using gems.

-Justin

Thanks! Crazy that I've never done that before, but I have used gems
that I've installed. Weird.

Justin Collins

Nathan said:
Thanks! Crazy that I've never done that before, but I have used gems
that I've installed. Weird.

Depending on your environment, it may be done automatically for you.

-Justin