gem libray name conflict problem

Heesob Park

Hi all,

When I saw "require 'inline'" in a ruby file, I thought the gem is
'inline'. So I runned "gem install inline" and it installed.
But the ruby file failed to run. After some inspection, I runned "gem
install RubyInline" and it installed. The ruby file still failed to
run.
Finally I runned "gem uninstall inline" and the ruby file runned to succeed.
I noticed there are two gems named inline: inline (0.1.0) and
RubyInline (3.8.2, 3.8.1).

I tried "gem search inline -r"
The output is
*** REMOTE GEMS ***

inline (0.1.0)
inline_attachment (0.4.0)
InlineAttachment (0.3.0)
InlineFortran (1.0.0)
RubyInline (3.8.2, 3.8.1)
RubyInlineAcceleration (0.0.1)

How to find out which gem's real library name is 'inline'?
How to avoid name conflict problem when I develop a new gem?

Regards,

Park Heesob

Ryan Davis

[...]

I think I've talked to them before about that. I came first. :)

`gem which inline` is what you're looking for.

Heesob Park

2009/6/24 Ryan Davis said:
I think I've talked to them before about that. I came first. :)

`gem which inline` is what you're looking for.
Thanks, but I want remote search.
`gem which inline --remote` is not working.

Regards,

Park Heesob

Asif Iqbal

You need to send the email to (e-mail address removed)

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 7:38 AM, Mistress Janna Brossard <
unsubscribe

Bing=99 brings you maps, menus, and reviews organized in one place. Tr= y it
now.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=3Drestaurants&form=3DMLOGEN&publ=3DWLHMTAG&c=
rea=3DTEXT_MLOGEN_Core_tagline_local_1x1

--=20
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?