    without sudo, it can't find my gems.

    Any clues? Is this a permissions thing?

    I'm doing this on a centos server.
    Mike Nicholaides, Mar 28, 2008

  2. Mike Nicholaides

    Lyle Johnson Guest

    On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 9:09 AM, Mike Nicholaides
    <> wrote:

    > "sudo gem list" shows all my gems, while
    > "gem list" shows no gems.

    Sounds to me that you have more than one Ruby/RubyGems installation.
    You might want to compare the results of typing:

    gem environment

    with the results of typing:

    sudo gem environment

    Hope this helps,

    Lyle
    Lyle Johnson, Mar 28, 2008

  3. Mike Nicholaides

    Dave Thomas Guest

    On Mar 28, 2008, at 9:09 AM, Mike Nicholaides wrote:
    > "sudo gem list" shows all my gems, while
    > "gem list" shows no gems.

    do "which gem"
    and "sudo which gem"

    I'm guessing they're different