    bad response Not Found 404
    (http://gems.rubyonrails.org/prerelease_specs.4.8.gz)

    Anyone know what's up?

    Jonathan Rochkind, Apr 28, 2011

  2. Jonathan Rochkind

    Luis Lavena Guest

    On Apr 28, 3:53 pm, Jonathan Rochkind <> wrote:
    > rubygems 1.7.2, ruby 1.8.7.
    >
    > I thought this was the way to see what "pre" versions of a gem are
    > available:
    >
    >   gem list --pre --remote someGem
    >
    > When I try that though, I get this error message:
    >
    > *** REMOTE GEMS ***
    >
    > ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::RemoteFetcher::FetchError)
    >     bad response Not Found 404
    > (http://gems.rubyonrails.org/prerelease_specs.4.8.gz)
    >
    > Anyone know what's up?

    One of the sources you've configured do not work with latest rubygems:
    gems.rubyonrails.org.

    I was able to replicate this:

    C:\Users\Luis>gem sources --add http://gems.rubyonrails.org
    http://gems.rubyonrails.org added to sources

    C:\Users\Luis>gem list --pre --remote rails

    *** REMOTE GEMS ***

    ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::RemoteFetcher::FetchError)
    bad response Not Found 404 (http://gems.rubyonrails.org/
    prerelease_specs.4.8.gz)

    Please remove the source and try again:

    C:\Users\Luis>gem sources --remove http://gems.rubyonrails.org
    http://gems.rubyonrails.org removed from sources

    Also, verify that in your sources rubygems.org is mentioned:

    C:\Users\Luis>gem sources --list
    *** CURRENT SOURCES ***

    http://rubygems.org

    HTH,