[gem] Problem installing dependecy log4r for ruby-net-nntp

Eric

To be able to interact with a news server (NNTP) I try to install
ruby-net-nntp. (Linux)

This is what happenned:
~]# gem install ruby-net-nntp
Bulk updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rubyforge.org
Install required dependency log4r? [Yn] y
ERROR: While executing gem ... (OpenURI::HTTPError)
403 Forbidden

Installing and upgrading other gems (rails, etc.) was no problem.

Is there a solution for this problem or is there another way to interact
with a news server?

TIA

Tim Pease

To be able to interact with a news server (NNTP) I try to install
ruby-net-nntp. (Linux)

This is what happenned:
~]# gem install ruby-net-nntp
Bulk updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rubyforge.org
Install required dependency log4r? [Yn] y
ERROR: While executing gem ... (OpenURI::HTTPError)
403 Forbidden

I would recommend installing log4r by hand. You can download the gem
file by following the download link on the log4r project homepage:

http://log4r.rubyforge.org/

Blessings,
TwP

Eric

Op do 16 aug 21:34:12 2007 CEST schreef Tim Pease in
de nieuwsgroep 'comp.lang.ruby':
To be able to interact with a news server (NNTP) I try to install
ruby-net-nntp. (Linux)

This is what happenned:
~]# gem install ruby-net-nntp
Bulk updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rubyforge.org
Install required dependency log4r? [Yn] y
ERROR: While executing gem ... (OpenURI::HTTPError)
403 Forbidden

I would recommend installing log4r by hand. You can download the gem
file by following the download link on the log4r project homepage:

http://log4r.rubyforge.org/

I'll give it a shot and report my findings. Thanks!

Eric

Op do 16 aug 22:34:30 2007 CEST schreef Eric in
de nieuwsgroep 'comp.lang.ruby':
Op do 16 aug 21:34:12 2007 CEST schreef Tim Pease in
de nieuwsgroep 'comp.lang.ruby':
To be able to interact with a news server (NNTP) I try to install
ruby-net-nntp. (Linux)

This is what happenned:
~]# gem install ruby-net-nntp
Bulk updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rubyforge.org
Install required dependency log4r? [Yn] y
ERROR: While executing gem ... (OpenURI::HTTPError)
403 Forbidden

I would recommend installing log4r by hand. You can download the gem
file by following the download link on the log4r project homepage:

http://log4r.rubyforge.org/

I'll give it a shot and report my findings. Thanks!

[root@scooby2 ~]# gem install Desktop/log4r-1.0.5.gem -l
Successfully installed log4r, version 1.0.5
Installing ri documentation for log4r-1.0.5...
Installing RDoc documentation for log4r-1.0.5...
[root@scooby2 ~]# gem install ruby-net-nntp
Need to update 5 gems from http://gems.rubyforge.org
complete
Successfully installed ruby-net-nntp-0.1.0
Installing ri documentation for ruby-net-nntp-0.1.0...
Installing RDoc documentation for ruby-net-nntp-0.1.0...
[root@scooby2 ~]#

Like a charm. Thanks!

But... There was something wrong. Should I report something to someone?

I like to contribute something. (Since Ruby, Rails and Aptana/RadRails
gave me so much...)

Eric Hodel

[...]

One of the mirrors was probably busted. I don't think you can easily
figure out which one though since that code is buried in open-uri.rb.

Eric

Op do 16 aug 23:21:55 2007 CEST schreef Eric Hodel in
[...]

I'll look into it whenever (if ever) I leave my Ruby-noob-status behind.