Gem question; error on list -r

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Patrick Gundlach, Sep 6, 2006.

  1. Hi,

    I've put my gem command into an unusable state:

    ~$ gem list --r

    *** REMOTE GEMS ***
    Bulk updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rubyforge.org
    ERROR: While executing gem ... (NoMethodError)
    private method `scan' called for #<YAML::privateType:0x3849600>

    I've previously removed source_cache, with source_cache in place, I get
    the following

    *** REMOTE GEMS ***
    Need to update 2 gems from http://gems.rubyforge.org
    ERROR: While executing gem ... (URI::InvalidURIError)
    bad URI(is not URI?):
    http://gems.rubyforge.org/quick/activerecord-jdbc-#<gem::version:0xa53ac84>.gemspec.rz

    Could anybody point me to a solution?

    TIA,