gem uninstall activesupport specific version - how to?

Ram

Hi,

I have 3 versions of activesupport installed on my machine (2.2.2,
2.1.0, 1.4.4). Im looking to uninstall 2.2.2.

I did 'gem uninstall activesupport' thinking it will give me options
to choose which version I want to uninstall (as is the example shown
here http://rubygems.org/read/chapter/10#page38.

But it just defaulted to 2.1.0 and showed me the dependent gems and
asked if I was sure i wanted to remove 2.1.0.

How do I uninstall 2.2.2 specifically?

Jonathan Groll

Hi,

I have 3 versions of activesupport installed on my machine (2.2.2,
2.1.0, 1.4.4). Im looking to uninstall 2.2.2.

I did 'gem uninstall activesupport' thinking it will give me options
to choose which version I want to uninstall (as is the example shown
here http://rubygems.org/read/chapter/10#page38.

But it just defaulted to 2.1.0 and showed me the dependent gems and
asked if I was sure i wanted to remove 2.1.0.

How do I uninstall 2.2.2 specifically?

from "gem help uninstall":
-v, --version VERSION Specify version of gem to uninstall
so:
gem uninstall activesupport -v 2.2.2