    installed? Or do I have some commands to run after that?

    Thanks in advance for any clue,
    Lionel Thiry

    Lionel Thiry, Feb 25, 2005

  2. Lionel Thiry

    Chad Fowler Guest

    On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 08:55:01 +0900, Lionel Thiry
    <> wrote:
    > Hello!
    > What is the rubygems-update package? What is its exact purpose?
    >
    > I suppose it's for updating rubygem itself. I've downloaded it, but I don't
    > understand, how am I suppose to use it? Is the update already done once it is
    > installed? Or do I have some commands to run after that?

    After you install it, you do `update_rubygems` to complete the
    upgrade. Hopefully will finally fold this into a firstclass feature
    this weekend.

    --

    Chad Fowler
    http://chadfowler.com

    Chad Fowler, Feb 26, 2005

  3. Lionel Thiry

    Lionel Thiry Guest

    Chad Fowler wrote:
    > On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 08:55:01 +0900, Lionel Thiry
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hello!
    >>What is the rubygems-update package? What is its exact purpose?
    >>
    >>I suppose it's for updating rubygem itself. I've downloaded it, but I don't
    >>understand, how am I suppose to use it? Is the update already done once it is
    >>installed? Or do I have some commands to run after that?
    >>

    > After you install it, you do `update_rubygems` to complete the
    > upgrade. Hopefully will finally fold this into a firstclass feature
    > this weekend.

    Thanks a lot!

    Lionel Thiry

    Lionel Thiry, Feb 26, 2005
  4. Why can I not connect MySql from Ruby ?

    Hi y'all,
    I'm new here so please be kind to me :)

    I'm using WinXP Pro, One-click installer Window ruby182-14.exe and
    mysql-4.1.10-win32.zip

    The code I wrote is : mysql.rb

    require 'mysql'

    m = Mysql.new("localhost", "ariebanaranakai", "iwakkaring", "budiman")
    r = m.query("SELECT username, password FROM user");
    r.each_hash do |f|
    print "#{f['username']} . #{f['password']}"
    end

    The Error I got is :

    /mysql.rb:3: uninitialized constant Mysql (NameError)
    from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/loadpath_manager.rb:5:in
    'require__'
    from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/loadpath_manager.rb:5:in
    'require'
    from mysql.rb:1

    What's the matter with this ? I've searched the archieves but found
    nothing :-(
    I've also asked rubyist mailing list in my country but they averagely
    said they never get the problem like I do :'(

    Please help me and thanks a lot.

    Arie

    Arie Kusuma Atmaja, Feb 27, 2005
  5. Lionel Thiry

    Bill Guindon Guest

    Re: Why can I not connect MySql from Ruby ?

    On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 20:37:18 +0900, Arie Kusuma Atmaja
    <> wrote:
    > Hi y'all,
    > I'm new here so please be kind to me :)

    Welcome to Ruby :)

    > I'm using WinXP Pro, One-click installer Window ruby182-14.exe and
    > mysql-4.1.10-win32.zip
    >
    > The code I wrote is : mysql.rb
    >
    > require 'mysql'

    replace that last line with these:

    require 'rubygems'
    require_gem 'mysql'

    Can get more help here:
    http://rubygems.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?Quick_Introduction

    --
    Bill Guindon (aka aGorilla)

    Bill Guindon, Feb 27, 2005
  6. Re: Why can I not connect MySql from Ruby ?

    Arie Kusuma Atmaja <> wrote:
    > The code I wrote is : mysql.rb
    >
    > require 'mysql'

    Give your file another name. require 'mysql' might be including
    itself instead of the Mysql class.

    > The Error I got is :
    >
    > ./mysql.rb:3: uninitialized constant Mysql (NameError)
    > from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/loadpath_manager.rb:5:in
    > 'require__'
    > from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/loadpath_manager.rb:5:in
    > 'require'

    Argh RubyGems... they do some ugly things with require too. Anyway
    try the above suggestion first before worrying about rubygems...

    -N.

    Navindra Umanee, Feb 28, 2005