Gemini game engine 1.0.0

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Logan Barnett, Jun 23, 2009.

    Gemini 1.0.0 is out! Gemini is a game engine that sits on top of
    Slick, a Java game engine. Gemini allows for dynamic adding and
    removal of behaviors from game objects, and packs many pre-built
    behaviors that allow you to easily express done-to-death game
    mechanisms. All the code you write is 100% Ruby.

    Here's the project:
    http://kenai.com/projects/gemini/

    Installation:
    Make sure JRuby is installed and jruby/bin is on your path
    jruby -S gem install gemini

    To generate a project:
    gemini <my game>

    You may need to wait a little for the jruby jar to download. If you'd
    rather supply your own jruby-complete.jar, use the following:
    gemini <my_game> --RI-no-download

    Then place jruby-complete.jar into <project_root>/lib/java

    After your project is configured, you can then create a Mac or Windows
    executable with the following:
    jruby -S rake rawr:bundle:exe
    or
    jruby -S rake rawr:bundle:app

    Logan Barnett

    http://www.logustus.com
    Logan Barnett, Jun 23, 2009

    Congrats Logan; I know how much work you've put into this. I can't wait to
    try it out!

    /Shawn Anderson

    Shawn Anderson, Jun 23, 2009