Gems Install All Dependencies Option

Trans

Is there a way, or can a way be made to install all dependencies
without it asking for each an everyone?

Thanks,
T.

David A. Black

Hi --

Is there a way, or can a way be made to install all dependencies
without it asking for each an everyone?

gem install -y

(equivalent to some longer one I can't remember :)

David
__
David A. Black
(e-mail address removed)

"Ruby for Rails", forthcoming from Manning Publications, April 2006!

Phrogz

You know what would be nice?
An 'a' for 'all' option along with [yn] when choosing the first gem.

Or, for it to default to install dependencies.

As it is, my choices now are:
a) Remember to use a command-line argument for what I consider the
desired default behavior, or
b) As soon as a dependency crops up (and I have no idea if it's the
only one or 1/100) cancel out and then start over.

Hugh Sasse

wow... I didn't know that existed. Cool!

It doesn't exist on all unix flavours.
If you haven't got it then:

#!/bin/sh
message=$*