gems on Debian

pedro mg

Hi,

after installing rubygems package in Debian, i can't seem to use the
installed gems via "sudo gem install" although they install correctly.

I believe it is related to a path issue. What is the better (correct)
way to make it work ?

thank you,

Todd Benson

Hi,

after installing rubygems package in Debian, i can't seem to use the
installed gems via "sudo gem install" although they install correctly.

I believe it is related to a path issue. What is the better (correct)
way to make it work ?

thank you,

This may be a dumb question, but I've seen a lot of people missing
this, so, are you using the require command like this (the correct
way):

require 'rubygems'
require '<your gem>'

<your code>

Bas van Gils

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT

=20
after installing rubygems package in Debian, i can't seem to use the=20
installed gems via "sudo gem install" although they install correctly.

It seems that you're confusing the installation of gems and the use of them.
Gem installation is done with

sudo gem install <someGem>

you can easily test if that works by running 'gem' from the shell (if it
doesn't, according to packages.debian.org, the gem binary is installed in
/usr/bin where it should be).

In another posting it was pointed out already how to use gems after install=
ing
them so I won't repeat that here.

G'luck

Bas

--=20
Bas van Gils <[email protected]>, http://www.van-gils.org
[[[ Thank you for not distributing my E-mail address ]]]

Quod est inferius est sicut quod est superius, et quod est superius est sic=
ut
quod est inferius, ad perpetranda miracula rei unius.

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT--