    thank you,
    --
    pedro g

    pedro mg, Jun 14, 2007

  2. pedro mg

    Todd Benson Guest

    On 6/14/07, pedro mg <seti_out@tquadrado_out.com> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > after installing rubygems package in Debian, i can't seem to use the
    > installed gems via "sudo gem install" although they install correctly.
    >
    > I believe it is related to a path issue. What is the better (correct)
    > way to make it work ?
    >
    > thank you,
    > --
    > pedro g

    This may be a dumb question, but I've seen a lot of people missing
    this, so, are you using the require command like this (the correct
    way):

    require 'rubygems'
    require '<your gem>'

    <your code>

    Todd Benson, Jun 14, 2007

  3. pedro mg

    Bas van Gils Guest

    --X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT

    On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 01:05:02AM +0900, pedro mg wrote:
    > Hi,

    Hi,
    =20
    > after installing rubygems package in Debian, i can't seem to use the=20
    > installed gems via "sudo gem install" although they install correctly.

    It seems that you're confusing the installation of gems and the use of them.
    Gem installation is done with

    sudo gem install <someGem>

    you can easily test if that works by running 'gem' from the shell (if it
    doesn't, according to packages.debian.org, the gem binary is installed in
    /usr/bin where it should be).

    In another posting it was pointed out already how to use gems after install=
    ing
    them so I won't repeat that here.

    G'luck

    Bas

    --=20
    Bas van Gils <>, http://www.van-gils.org
    [[[ Thank you for not distributing my E-mail address ]]]

    Quod est inferius est sicut quod est superius, et quod est superius est sic=
    ut
    quod est inferius, ad perpetranda miracula rei unius.

    --X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT

    --X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT--

    Bas van Gils, Jun 14, 2007