    I am needing information on the different C/C++ Compilers avaliable on
    IBM Z/OS and their benefits.

    Any information in this area would be greatly appreciated.
    John Fly, Feb 25, 2004

  2. John Fly

    xarax Guest

    "John Fly" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I am needing information on the different C/C++ Compilers avaliable on
    > IBM Z/OS and their benefits.
    >
    > Any information in this area would be greatly appreciated.

    Go to http://www.dignus.com for 64-bit ready C/C++ compilers.
    They run on a variety of PC workstation operating systems
    and can target a variety of IBM mainframe operating systems.

    By far, the biggest benefit is the statically-linked runtime
    library, which means that you are not stuck with IBM Language
    Environment dynamic runtime.

    See my website for a C debugger that supports their C compiler.
    (Can't say anything yet about C++ support, just stay tuned.)
    The z/OS mainframe side of the debugger is about 98% Systems/C,
    running authorized, multi-tasking, cross memory mode, SRB mode,
    data spaces.

    Awesome.

    --
    Jeffrey D. Smith