General .Net questions

Jolly Student

Dear Colleagues:

I am a systems guy who has been working with hardware, networking and basic
scripting for ten years or so. I have been given the opportunity to attend
..Net classes of all sorts as part of the MSDN training track. I already
have the MCSE track under my belt and that is where my strengths lie.

The problem is that I have never programmed. Hell, the only scripting I
have done is from templates here and there that are so simple that you can
figure out what does what, set them inside of an active directory
organizational unit and pooft.

Now here is the question. . . if I start taking these classes without any
knowledge of programming, including no knowledge of vbasic, am I going to
drown in a heartbeat or do these classes start as if they were vbasic, but
more .net thrown in.

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Roger

Chris Moore

I would imagine that as long as the courses were billed as "Programming 101
for entry level" then it shouldn't matter whether they are teaching in
.NET, C++, or ANSI C. Just my 2 cents.
Chris