General question about ASP .NET and HTML integration

Baldy

Hi All,

Just a bit of a general question. I've heard that in ASP .NET projects using
Visual Studio, you jave little or no control over the way the HTML is
presented? Is this true? it seems a little unrealistic to me. I have many
years experience with Old ASP but I'm about to start a new project and am
looking at ASP .NET. I'd be keen to hear what others experiences are WRT
this.

Thanks for the potential heads up
Al

Lucas Tam

Just a bit of a general question. I've heard that in ASP .NET projects
using Visual Studio, you jave little or no control over the way the
HTML is presented? Is this true? it seems a little unrealistic to me.
I have many years experience with Old ASP but I'm about to start a new
project and am looking at ASP .NET. I'd be keen to hear what others
experiences are WRT this.

For the most part you don't need to control how HTML is outputted. However
if you wish to control output... ASP.NET contains a rich event model which
you can use to output HTML at certain stages of the page generation.
Otherwise there is always the classic "response.write" method.

In anycase... you'll need to get your head around the fact that you don't
use flow control to output a page anymore. Everything on the webpage is
object based, and is outputted in one go (for the most part).