    this.

    Thanks for the potential heads up
    Al
    Baldy, Oct 17, 2004

  2. Baldy

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "Baldy" <> wrote in
    news::

    > Just a bit of a general question. I've heard that in ASP .NET projects
    > using Visual Studio, you jave little or no control over the way the
    > HTML is presented? Is this true? it seems a little unrealistic to me.
    > I have many years experience with Old ASP but I'm about to start a new
    > project and am looking at ASP .NET. I'd be keen to hear what others
    > experiences are WRT this.

    For the most part you don't need to control how HTML is outputted. However
    if you wish to control output... ASP.NET contains a rich event model which
    you can use to output HTML at certain stages of the page generation.
    Otherwise there is always the classic "response.write" method.

    In anycase... you'll need to get your head around the fact that you don't
    use flow control to output a page anymore. Everything on the webpage is
    object based, and is outputted in one go (for the most part).

    --
    Lucas Tam ()
    Lucas Tam, Oct 17, 2004