general question RE XML data conversion to XHTML and to PDF

kevin bailey

hi there,

after having read a couple of books on XML and tons from the web i have an
understanding of XML and also XSL.

however - i need help at a basic level...

we have a table in a DB - i need to be able to create an XHTML form to be
able to add a new record to the table. this will obviously be shown in a
browser.

we also need to be able to print out a paper form which also contains all
the fields in the table with boxes for the users to fill in (by pen).

we are able to extract the details of the table from the DB using PHP.

now - is this a good way forward?

extract the data to an XML file based on my own schema.
use one stylesheet and an XSLT processor to create an XHTML file for the
browser.
use a different stylesheet to create an FO file - which then gets converted
to a PDF file using FOP.

we have dozens of forms to handle this way so we are looking for an
automated way of doing things.

thanks,

kev bailey