Generate a table like structure from a database.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mufasa, May 7, 2007.

  1. Mufasa

    Mufasa Guest

    I'm at a loss here - I'm trying to create a table type structure from a
    dataset. I've got say 18 records and I want to display a specific piece of
    information from each record but I'd like to display it in a table format -
    say 5 columns wide and there would be four rows.

    I know this is easy I just don't know which control to use. So if I wanted
    to do animals names it would create something like:

    penguins bears antelop racoons tigers
    wombats bats caribu

    You get the idea.

    TIA - Jeff

    (who appears to be having a brain fart.....)
    Mufasa, May 7, 2007

  2. look here for examples:

    http://msconline.maconstate.edu/tutorials/ASPNET20/default.htm

    see "section 7, information display controls"

    Jon Paal [MSMD], May 7, 2007

  3. DataList. Look at RepeatColumns property.

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer & Consultant

    Eliyahu Goldin, May 8, 2007