Generate an Error 500

Toni

I have an ASP website that is very strong in terms of error handling - if an Error 500
occurs, a custom error page is generated and I receive an email with diagnostic
information.

I have a situation where if I detect certain illegal conditions (such as an SQL
injection attack) I want to generate an Error 500 so that I am notified immediately of
the situation.

Other than simply putting in a divide-by-zero statement, does ASP support a CUSTOM Error
500 code of my own design?

Thanks!!!

Bob Barrows

Toni said:
I have an ASP website that is very strong in terms of error handling
- if an Error 500 occurs, a custom error page is generated and I
receive an email with diagnostic information.

I have a situation where if I detect certain illegal conditions (such
as an SQL injection attack) I want to generate an Error 500 so that I
am notified immediately of the situation.

Other than simply putting in a divide-by-zero statement, does ASP
support a CUSTOM Error 500 code of my own design?

Thanks!!!

This is all that is available:
http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/general/how-do-i-log/track-asp-errors-on-my-web-site.html