Generate Email from Form Submission

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Mike Brind, Oct 28, 2006.

  1. Mike Brind

    Mike Brind Guest

    Mike Brind, Oct 28, 2006

  2. Mike Brind

    Dave Guest

    I have a form on my ASP 3.0 web site and I need to monitor submissions.

    Is it possible to generate an email upon form submission?

    If so, how do I invoke the email functionality from an ASP 3.0 page?

    Thanks
    Dave
    Dave, Oct 28, 2006

  3. Hello Dave,

    In an ASP page, we can send an email with CDONTS through SMTP. Here are
    some sample on this:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/189945

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/264072

    Or with CDOSYS:

    How to send HTML formatted mail using CDO for Windows 2000 and a remote
    SMTP service
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/286431

    If there is anything unclear, please feel free to let me know.

    Sincerely,

    Luke Zhang

    Microsoft Online Community Support
    ications.