Generate html table with merged cells

Greg

I need to dynamically construct a table in code (vb.net) that will
have merged cells. It should look something like this:

_____________
_____________
another image control)
another image control)

So every other row would appear as a merged cell. I've tried
specifying the rowspan property of the cell prior to adding to the row
collection, but when I do, it wacks the formatting completely. I'm
trying to display data with a rounded border around the text similar
to the way the google groups appear. Any help is appreciated.