Generate html table with merged cells

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Greg, Jul 24, 2007.

  1. Greg

    Greg Guest

    I need to dynamically construct a table in code (vb.net) that will
    have merged cells. It should look something like this:

    _____________
    _____________
    another image control)
    _____________
    _____________
    another image control)
    _____________

    So every other row would appear as a merged cell. I've tried
    specifying the rowspan property of the cell prior to adding to the row
    collection, but when I do, it wacks the formatting completely. I'm
    trying to display data with a rounded border around the text similar
    to the way the google groups appear. Any help is appreciated.
    Greg, Jul 24, 2007

  2. You want to set the colspan, not the rowspan.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr,

    Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider], Jul 25, 2007