generate keyboard/mouse event under windows

Ray

Hi,

Anyone can give some help on how to generate keyboard mouse event
under windows? (python 2.5)

I tried pyhook, I only know how to monitor the keyboard/mouse events.
but don't know how to generate/send the the event.

thanks for any help.

-Ray

Dennis Lee Bieber

is there a way to generate a 'true' keyboard event? (works like user
pressed a key on keyboard)
not send the 'send keyboard event to application' ?

I suspect only by creating a privileged OS service...

In all likelihood, the OS itself is using "send keyboard event to
application" to forward keyboard events to whatever application it
believes has the current focus.

On the Amiga, you'd do it by inserting a keyboard event into the
input of the, uhm, Input process (which had the highest priority in the
OS). Since the Amiga didn't have process specific virtual memory, this
was easy to do.

I don't know if there is a hook for inserting events BEFORE the OS
handles them...