Generate macromedia swf files on the fly

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Benjamin Bittner, Aug 31, 2004.

  1. Hallo NG,

    im trying to find out, how to generate swf (flash) files on the fly from an
    image. In php there are several (some are free) solutions for that, but i
    didnt find any in ASP.Net. I found working generators for asp.net and asp
    classic, but they cost around 50$ and i need a free generator or library.
    I found this php generator
    http://www.foxaweb.com/php_swf_jpg/php_swf_jpg.zip and tried to convert it,
    but im having much troubles, because im not that good in php. Maybe someone
    can translate it?
    Another solution could be the command line tool from
    http://www.quiss.org/swftools/.
    It generates swf's on the fly by calling something like that: "png2swf [-X
    width] [-Y height] [-o file.swf] [-r rate] file1.png [file2.png...]". I dont
    think it would be hard to call this from an asp.net page. Since i want to
    call the aspx page like this "convert.aspx?swf=foo.swf", so it would give
    back just a swf file, i have to read it in binary or something like that,
    but i dont know how to do that. If someone put me in the right direction,
    that would be great.

    Thanks in advance
    regards Benni
    Benjamin Bittner, Aug 31, 2004