Generate PDF and/or RTF file from the DataSet

Just D.

All,

Do we have some service/app/control to generate in our WebApplication the
downloadable RTF/PDF file. The original data can be provided in the DataSet
or DataView, plus some text like header, footer...

Thanks,
Just D.

Guest

There is nothing built into ASP.NET that will help you generate RTF or PDF
files. There is some free code out there if you search for it but it is very
complex. I'd suggest looking into a 3rd party component that handles this
for you.

William \(Bill\) Vaughn

Ah, the ReportViewer control or a Reporting Services report will do this
easily.

--
____________________________________
William (Bill) Vaughn

Just D.

Hi,

Maybe so, but the controls appeared in the VS 2005 only. In 2000 it's very
limited. Regarding the Crystal Reports, maybe it's not so bad, I actually
tried to add a report to my WebApp, but it requires a connection to the
database and wants to generate something itself regardless of my own
DataSets added to the codebehind. I just wanted to use my own generated
DataSets to generate some kind of report as RTF and/or PDF.

Just D.

Joined
Nov 21, 2008
Messages