    generate-label : if (expression) generate

    If I want to test more than one expression , how can I do this?

    Thanks

    crazyrdx, Sep 1, 2005

  2. Hubble

    Hubble Guest

    Why don't you use

    if (expression1) and (expression2) and (expression3) generate

    You can also use

    if (expression1) and (not (expression2)) or (expression3) generate

    Hubble

    Hubble, Sep 2, 2005

    > generate-label : if (expression) generate
    >
    > If I want to test more than one expression , how can I do this?

    You can use AND or OR etc to combine expressions but the expression
    should be a function of your index. Also you should write all the cases
    exhaustively.

    , Sep 4, 2005
  4. Andy Peters

    Andy Peters Guest

    crazyrdx wrote:
    > In the generate statement, in the If- generation scheme,
    >
    > generate-label : if (expression) generate
    >
    > If I want to test more than one expression , how can I do this?

    Peter Ashenden's VHDL book has an excellent section on generates. You
    might consider buying that book and reading it ...

    -a

    Andy Peters, Sep 6, 2005