Generate xml node tree from xmi (xml) help

Discussion in 'XML' started by Mikael P, Jan 24, 2004.

  1. Mikael P

    Mikael P Guest

    Hi,

    I am using argouml ( really neat UML modeling tool) to create a model. I
    export the model to
    xmi format ( it's xml).

    My UML-diagram looks like this:

    Brand A

    --------------------
    | | |
    Brand B Brand C Brand D

    And Brand B, Brand C and Brand D can also have children and so on .........

    I need to generate an xml file that can describe these relationships like:

    <MyModel>
    <Brand A>
    <Brand B>
    </Brand B>
    <Brand C>
    </Brand C>
    <Brand D>
    </Brand D>
    </Brand A>
    </MyModel>

    I am thinking of checking the children for root (Brand A) and generate
    TAGs for each node.
    Then I make the first node to the left (Brand B) the parent get all
    children for that one.

    Any one with hints on how I can do this in xslt. I need some sort of
    traversing to get the tree right?

    Regards,

    //Mikael

    Mikael P, Jan 24, 2004

  2. Mikael P

    Soren Kuula Guest

    Mikael P wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am using argouml ( really neat UML modeling tool) to create a model. I
    > export the model to
    > xmi format ( it's xml).

    Try posting that XML . .

    Soren
    --
    Fjern de 4 bogstaver i min mailadresse som er indsat for at hindre s...
    Remove the 4 letter word meaning "junk mail" in my mail address.

    Soren Kuula, Jan 27, 2004